Thursday, September 11, 2008

Be still my heart...


One of the great joys of being a mom is witnessing the precious moments that happen everyday right in our homes. Watching the sweet innocence of our children as they make sense of the world around them. Seeing them grow and show their personalities warms my heart and makes me laugh out loud at times. Today was one of those moments. Kaia came out in full wedding dress attire holding hands with Jack who had a small suitcase in tow. They announced, "We're getting married!" I asked, "Why are you getting married?" Kaia very seriously replied, "So we can have kids!" Well at least they've got the order down correctly! That made me laugh. What a girl of principle, she wouldn't even play house with baby dolls without the benefit of a "marriage ceremony"!
They proceeded to dance around our living room and Josiah tried to cut in on their little dance. Kaia was gracious and enjoyed the attention, giving dances to both of her brothers! I asked them if they wanted to pose for wedding pictures for me and they obliged. Kaia thought that they needed to kiss for the picture to which Jack made a yucky face and said, "No way!". Josiah was very cute and kept calling Kaia a princess. He was absolutely enamored with his beautiful sister. Well, maybe it was more that he was obsessed with the dress much to mine and his dad's dismay! He later tried it on and paraded around the house. That was a bit much and I quickly made him take it off! I know it's a phase but I just can't go there!:)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Lisa! I just wanted to thank you for your prayers and comments on my blog, and to let you know that I am always keeping up with yours. Your kids are so beautiful, I get teary eyed looking at the pictures! You can just feel the love you guys have for each other! Thanks for taking time out of your schedule to keep us all updated on your family, I wish we all lived closer! I was thinking how fun Christmas will be this year with all the little ones running around!

Josh and I were looking at pictures on your blog and I swear I can see him thinking about adoption someday! He would love another little girl and we have talked about it now and again, but it wouldn't be for a loooong time! We'll see if God ever chooses us to adopt someday. Right now we feel like our "quiver" is as full as it can get!

Anyways, I just wanted to drop in and say hi, and tell you what an amazing woman you are! Your kids are so blessed to have you!