Thursday, February 7, 2008

We Got an Update!






We were able to get an update yesterday on Josiah! We got several questions answered as well as five of the most adorable pictures of him! I'm so thankful for this glimpse into his life. When you adopt, you are given such limited information and only a few photos of them. Because of this, any information and pictures you are given become all the more precious to you. I have sent two disposable cameras to him in a care package and hopefully will have those photos to show him from his life in China in addition to these sweet photos I've been given!

I can't wait to finally meet him and hold him in my arms! He is just precious, such a beautiful little boy. We are so blessed! I just pray that the transition isn't too difficult for him. I can't imagine the terror these little ones must feel during those initial days after joining our family in China. We are complete strangers to him afterall. Strangers who speak a different language, look different and everything that is familiar is lost. I just pray that our love for him will transcend all of those things and that he will sense it and feel secure. Having been through one adoption already, I feel better prepared this time around. I anticipate those first days being extremely emotional and hard for him, but I also know that he will be okay in the long run. It is amazing to see the transformation that they undergo. Little by little they come out of their shell and thrive. They open up with each day and it is a wonderful thing to witness. I'll never forget when Kaia called me Mama, gave me her first unsolicited kiss and made eye contact for a long period of time. Now she readily asks me for help, comes to me for comfort and shows affection all on her own. I can't wait to see Josiah growing in the love of a family! I am also thankful to both Josiah and Kaia's ayis for being their mamas during their first years and to their birth families for giving them life. I feel so undeserving of the blessing of raising them, I just hope that with the Lord's strength, I will do a good job!

Anyway, here are the questions and answers we got from the orphanage!

1. How is he doing?
He is doing really well.
2. Has he been ill at all?
No.
3. Did he receive our package?
Yes, he did. He was very happy to receive your package.
4. What is his current weight, height and shoe size?
Height: 91.5cm (36 inches)
Weight: 15kg (33 pounds)
Head: 48.5cm (19 inches)
Chest: 52cm (20.5 inches)
Teeth: 20
Foot: 17cm (6.7 inches)
5. Is he potty trained?
Yes. But winter time needs help due to so many layers of clothes.
6. What do his Ayi's call him?
Zheng Zheng (pronounced Jung Jung)
7. How are his motor and language skills compared to the other kids his age?
He’s developed pretty well. But the language skill is a little slower.
8. What is his favorite toy or activity?
Favorite toy is car. Favorite activities are playing hide and seek, shower.
9. When was his last CT scan?
It was before they submit his files to CCAA. You are supposed to have the report.
10. Can you please tell them that his mama, nai nai and yeye are coming to meet him in March. We are just waiting for the CCAA to send out our invitation to travel letter! Baba is staying home with his geges and jiejie. Please thank them for taking such good care of him!
Their response: We’ve told him. But he doesn’t quite understand about the time. He knows “yesterday, today and tomorrow”. (Too cute! I wouldn't expect that he'd understand any of this!:))


So, hopefully we get our TA soon and then it's off to China to get our boy!!

1 comment: