Sunday, March 16, 2008

Josiah- Sunday

Today we did more shopping! Surprise, surprise! We also went to church. How amazing that was. I'm so glad I went. I didn't get to stay long as Josiah was starting to yell out and squirm, but we did make it through prayer, singing and scripture reading. It's hard not to cry when you're standing there with a packed room of Chinese believers singing and worshipping such an awesome God. I just know I'm so blessed to hold this precious little boy! My God has blessed me over and over, sometimes it's just hard to wrap my brain around His tremendous love for me! I can't wait for Josiah and for all of my kids to get to know Him intimately and to know of His deep, deep love for them. I don't know why He chose us to be the parents of these precious kids, but I'm so thankful to Him for making me their mommy.

I finally found the artist who does the amazing pencil drawings of the kids. I was over the moon to find him! When I told the women in the shop how many I wanted, she asked, "Why so many?". I told her because I had five kids! She was shocked! She laughed and said she thought I was too young and was a student!:) Good for my ego! I hate telling them how many kids I have at home. I feel bad! They are only allowed one child, sometimes two and here I have five! It really isn't fair I know. I have been told over and over again, "A boy! You are so lucky!" as I walk down the street. That is so hard to hear. I want to say, "I'm lucky to have a beautiful daughter too!". I can really feel the cultural preference for a boy this trip. I hope that this begins to change and these beautiful girls will be cherished and valued just as much as the boys.

I had a great day hanging out with Josiah. I really enjoyed spending time with him. He's so funny! We had our first "photo shoot" in our room. He posed like a pro and I got a really great picture of him to have the artist draw.

We went out with some families to the pearl and jade markets and to a big shop full of all things China! I'm trying not to buy so much, but it's hard!!! I got a beautiful red lacquer vase from Kaia's province. I didn't get one last trip so this was a must! The embroideries were beautiful but I managed to pass them up. I didn't get any pearls this trip. I did get a jade piece for Josiah. Right after I thought I did an okay job of negotiating the price, Chuck came along and got like half of the price I paid! I told him that he was now my official haggler! He got me a smokin deal on a jade bracelet. She initially said 380 which is $52 then by the time he was done, I got it for $25 (125)! Yea Chuck!! We were quite the spectacle while all of this bargaining was going on.
Josiah was losing his mind in there, it was time to go! We returned to the room and had Papa John's and watched a Martin Lawrence movie. Josiah turned into the calm little guy I remembered him to be and things were calm once again! He goes right to sleep without a fuss. I give him a bottle and lay him down and he's good to go!

Thanks Scott for taking such good care of the kids! Thanks mom for keeping my kids fed and the house clean! I appreciate all of your help!
Can't wait to see you all!!

Love,
Lisa

No comments: