Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saturday- Josiah's Medical Appointment

We made it to Shamian Island. It's a beautiful, very green place. It used to be a British colony so everywhere you look, there's gorgeous colonial buildings. I guess it's a hot spot for weddings, we've seen several young Chinese couples dressed in both traditional and Western wedding attire, posing for pictures in the parks. We've been enjoying just walking around the island, taking it all in.

This morning we enjoyed a nice quiet breakfast in the Victory Annex. I really love this hotel! I thought I'd miss the excitement and huge buffet at the White Swan, but this is really nice. They served us in a wonderful little courtyard. It's just beautiful and very laid back. This is good for Josiah, he does better with less stimulation. He gets so wound up when it's crazy busy! He is doing so well!

So this morning all of the AGCI families met finally. Such wonderful people and beautiful kids! We are a group of nine this time around, so quite a large group! We filled the medical clinic and some of the kids, Josiah included, were hysterical. He hasn't cried like that since Gotcha Day. It was so sad. My heart was just breaking for him. He seems to be scared of any hospital type environment. He was very tense and worried when we went to the hospital where he was found. The clinic appointment is a blur of screaming kids! We were in and out relatively quickly though and he recovered nicely. Poor baby.

We shopped and played in the room. Josiah is doing so well! He really hasn't had any fits or tantrums, like his big sister. He doesn't have any real attachments yet. I think he wasn't really attached to any one person. He seemed to be a favorite of a lot of people in the orphanage and was passed around a lot. He wants to go to anyone, especially men! I'm working on it. It will take time. I think some seclusion time is in our future once we get home. He needs to know who his immediate family is.

One funny note: every time I have to correct him, or if he knows he's being a bit naughty, he gives me the biggest grin and says,"I smile!". Too funny! He also says, "Hey!" to get someones attention. He's a mess and very adorable!

I did all of my U.S. paperwork for the consulate appointment Monday. It wasn't too bad! I think I got it all and shouldn't have any problems, I hope! Our coordinators make it very easy on us!

Well, that's it for today! Can't wait for you all to meet this precious boy! I miss you kids! I love you so much!

Love,
Lisa (Mommy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely beautiful. You have another great photo subject, and I see you have been practicing already. I love you and can't wait to see you. Just a little while longer.

Love, Scott